iOS Engineer, Ring in Madrid
At Ring, we strive to advance our mission every day to help make neighborhoods safer. As an iOS Engineer for the Ring team, you will help shape the vision, design, roadmap and development of the Ring App. This role involves design, architecture and implementation of customer experiences to bring our customers the best possible experience. You will be given the opportunity to shape the technical direction of features. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
Key job responsibilities
Design, develop and maintain our iOS mobile applications
Work with team members to investigate design approaches, prototype technology and evaluate technical feasibility
Lead architecture and design of features, from conception to launch
Help to improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
Be part of an agile development process to deliver high-quality software
A day in the life
This role provides a unique opportunity to be a key part in shaping the core of Ring's offerings to our customers. You will work across teams to prototype ideas and solve complex problems, and raise the bar of our applications by advocating and driving software best practices, automating tasks and identifying pitfalls. As part of the team, you will continue to learn and become an expert in challenging fields. You will have the opportunity to contribute your creative ideas and energy, working with world-class experts, distributed cloud systems and home security devices.
About the team
Working on exciting new features and fully owning a core aspect of multiple apps, our team is always looking to learn and innovate. We frequently collaborate with cloud, firmware and other mobile teams to solve problems, come up with solutions and delight our customers. We are data driven, value and promote ownership, working backwards from our customers to bring them an innovative and seamless home security experience.
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Professional non-internship experience with front end, web or mobile software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Application development experience with iOS
- Development experience in Objective C and Swift environments
- Experience with iOS frameworks
- Experience applying computer science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM, MVI, VIPER), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance (Instruments)
- Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
- Experience with multi-module application in a large distributed team environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining an iOS app
- Experience with REST architecture for web services
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Experience communicating technical problems to both technical and business audiences verbally and in writing
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Seattle, WA, USA