FilledThis offer is not available anymore
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We are happy to announce: Bumble engineering team comes to Barcelona!
THE BUMBLE APP connects people across dating (Bumble Date), friendship (Bumble BFF) and professional networking (Bumble Bizz). No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognises the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality - and their users play an important part in that.
THE BADOO APP launched in 2006, Badoo is the dating app that encourages its users to date honestly. Badoo operates in 190 countries and is available in 51 different languages, making it the world's most widely-used dating network. The app is available on iOS, Android, and the web.
Bumble is looking for a talented Senior Level iOS developer to own and drive technical projects from specification through to delivery and beyond. You will impact millions of users, share know-how with the community and experiment a lot. If you get a buzz from taking initiative, redefining expectations but also getting involved in challenging technical debates with the team, this is your place.
This permanent role will be based in Barcelona.
- Hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver iOS app feature designs
- Mind performance metrics to draw conclusions and drive change
- Contribute technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Project ownership and driving process related decisions
- Mentorship and guidance of junior team members
- Write efficient, maintainable and reusable code and tests. Pass code reviews and be a good scout in general
- Maintain build systems and write unit tests
- Be an efficient and responsible team member, communicate, participate and help
- Work with QA in a weekly release cycle
- Be enthused about teamwork in an AGILE environment: attend daily stand-ups, plan and demo your projects
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Product-focused iOS application development experience
- Evidence of delivering consumer facing, mass market, networked, high-performance iOS applications available in the App Store
- Experience in leading the process and driving product related decisionsUp to date with the latest Swift and iOS trends
- Understanding of UIKit, Core Animation, GCD & NetworkingExcellent understanding of design patterns & Object Oriented Programming
- Understanding of analytics, remote reporting and measurementsExperience of working with
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Unit Testing on iOS
- Knowledge of socket based networking desirable
- Experience performance profiling with instruments in Xcode
- Think, live and breathe Swift
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP)
- £2,000 annual personal learning & development budget
- Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
- Private Dental Insurance
- Mental health support
- 24 working days of holidays
- Relevant conference & events tickets
- Latest equipment
- English language classes
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
* Flexible working hours
* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
* ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
* ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble: Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with millions of users globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.