FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Head of Business Intelligence in Barcelona or Remote
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Diversity brings success. We actively recruit people from a range of backgrounds, employ inclusive hiring techniques; and work with our external partners to continually increase and improve our DEI initiatives. As a result, we obtained a rating of 89/100 in 2022 for the annual Index of professional equality and are happy to say that 44% of our teams are women.
Qonto has grown a 50+ data team with Data Engineers, Analytics Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists and ML Engineers working together to deliver great tables, dashboards, insights, and data products. Now is the time for Qonto to strengthen its most central data team: the BI team. Qonto is looking for its Head of Business Intelligence.
Our vision of the Business Intelligence (BI) team
Your team has 20+ Data Analysts reporting to four Leads, themselves reporting to you. Each Lead is in charge of supporting one or several functions among Finance, Growth, Operations, People, Product, Risk&Compliance and Strategy. Leveraging tables available in the data platform, your team is in contact with nearly all the business and product teams at Qonto. It has two main goals:
• Build dashboards to empower business and product teams so that they can take good actions;
• Align business and product teams along well-documented, shared KPI definitions.
👩💻🧑💻What you will achieve in this role in your first year
• Support business and product teams by delivering great dashboards: is the information visually available? What is a good information design? Is every data analyst in your team trained to answer these questions?
• Organise the information: your team developed great dashboards. That’s really cool. Are they easily discoverable?
• Take accountability for your team delivery: how often is rework needed? had lead time improved?
• Help Qonto embrace OKRs: Objective and Key Results methodology heavily relies on data visualization. Is Qonto making good progress on each of its OKR? Same question for Finance, Growth, Operations, People, Product, Risk & Compliance, Strategy teams. Your team will be the one supporting the OKR change at Qonto!
• Train your team: you will coach and grow the four BI team leads reporting to you, to make them successful. So that they can in turn train their own teams. Do they have the right control points? Is their team tackling the right problems? with the right method?
• Make your team shine inside and outside Qonto: retention rate is increasing, that’s good news… Wait a second, shouldn’t your team disentangle mix effects from perf effects? Let’s train Qontoers on how to use data properly, avoid common traps and pitfalls. Write blog posts. Your team is already very sharp. That’s great. Then accept the challenge: raise the bar even higher.
• Your team’s primary language is SQL. Python is also used
• The modeling tool of choice is dbt
• Dashboarding tools are: Tableau, Metabase and Amplitude
🤔 What you can expect
Join Qonto which is winning SME banking in Europe. Qonto is on track to power one million SMEs in 2025.
Develop dozens of customer-impacting innovative data products ranging from understanding better our clients, to Qonto app killer features
Work with a top-notch team
Leverage our values and our culture of continuous improvement to boost your impact as a leader
🤝 Your future Manager
Jérémie, VP of Data, will be the one to help you succeed
Before joining Qonto, Jérémie was an associate professor at Telecom Paris and Telecom SudParis. He led data teams for some of France's most reputed digital companies and still advises several deep tech startups. He teaches at Ecole Polytechnique and co-authored over 50 scientific papers.
What does he bring to the team?
Jérémie defines a clear vision and path to success for our data platform, BI, data science, and data products teams. He ensures they operate efficiently and have a smooth collaboration with other departments at Qonto. He also helps them continuously learn new skills while improving their existing ones and is still very involved in the hiring of his teams.
• Management: You have strong experience in people management
• Mastery: You are a delivery master. You are familiar with dashboarding. Data science is a plus
• Simplicity and quality: You prefer simple solutions and are obsessed with quality
• Languages: You are fluent in English. French is a plus.
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know ☺️
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- A central fully-renovated building in Barcelona with WeWork services
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
All our benefits
- Flexible Remote Policy
- 23 days off + 5 Qonto days
- Alan (Seguro) health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health and gym access with Urban Sports Club
- An Edenred lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
500 - 1,000