Whitespectre is looking for a frontend-focused Full Stack Rails Developer to work on Whitespectre’s own SaaS platform as well as exciting projects for our client partners. In this role, you’ll work within a fast-moving cross-functional team of backend and frontend engineers, Product, and UI/UX to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale.
Whitespectre is a technology consultancy that develops high-performing platforms and applications for our client partners. We work with both high-growth start-ups and large established companies looking to launch new products. Founded in 2015, we’re a team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers, and designers from across the globe, working together remotely- and we’re growing fast!
Ideally, the candidate should be able to start immediately
What you’ll do:
- Be an expert at building fully responsive, beautiful layouts with grids or flexbox
- Use Ruby/Rails to implement business logic, encapsulate in APIs and making optimized/performant database queries
- Partner with your Product and UI/UX teammates to figure out the most efficient implementation for the experience they are looking for.
- Optimize frontend experience to be fast and performant (PageSpeed Insights is your friend)
- Design how the frontend and backend should work together; helping break down boundaries appropriately
- Write well tested (specs) and (near!) defect-free code!
- Take ownership of production products - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
You must have...
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, working 11 am - 7 pm Central European Team
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Ideally, a minimum of 2 years of experience performing this role
- Excellent Communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential for this role.
What do we offer?
- 100% remote team: Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team with over 8 years of remote-first experience.
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long term outlook (12 months+ full-time project) for the right candidate.
The candidate must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.
Why is it good to work with us?
Because we work on great projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems, and helping businesses to grow. And we do that across multiple clients - each and everyone we're excited to work with.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more?