Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are seeking an experienced front-end Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing Returnly Engineering Team at Affirm Spain. This position is with a fast-paced San-Francisco based FinTech software company that is quickly becoming a household name in the US.
This role focuses on our Returnly product, which helps brands that care about shopper loyalty, offer better product returns. As an Engineering Manager within the U.S. Corporation experience, you will be helping our customers deliver an A+ shopper experience by partnering with our engineering teams to deliver high quality, on-time product features.
What you'll do :
- Work closely with Product Management, providing technical guidance as needed and to ensure that feature updates are delivered timely and with the highest quality code
- Communicate and deliver on commitments and increase the velocity of our teams by removing roadblocks
- Mentor, grow and inspire team members
- Provide leadership and career growth opportunities to team members, develop talent and mentor engineers
- Embody and champion servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, group engagement, inclusion advocacy, continual improvement, transparency, and employee wellbeing
- Prioritize the work of engineers, allocate engineers to the right teams and appraise their performance quarterly
- Expand the organization by hiring an exceptional and diverse group of engineers, taking advantage of our remote-first model of working
- Grow and build a team of dedicated engineers to support the company’s accelerating business growth
- Foster a culture of technical excellence, humility, constant improvement, and rigor to build a team that can confidently tackle complex challenges
- Build a strong engineering culture around innovation, accountability, empathy, and execution
- Hold a high technical bar with a bias towards longevity and simplicity via specification and architecture review
- Take ownership and understand the business context
What we look for:
- Experience with U.S. based corporations and U.S. people policy HR Laws
- 5+ years managing and leading high-growth engineering teams in multiple locations and time zones
- Knowledge of multiple approaches in the agile space: Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban etc.
- Strong technical background in cloud/SaaS platform development and management
- Experience in e-commerce or fintech building applications and technology that delight and engage shoppers and foster growth
- Proven experience building, growing, retaining and inspiring an extraordinary team of technologists
- Proven success in recruiting, creating and motivating a strong performing engineering team
- Track record for delivery in high-growth, fast-paced environment
- You champion and drive a culture of continuous learning to improve execution and remove roadblocks that are holding the team back
- Proven experience empowering self-organization and responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to present information that demonstrates command of the information and ability to connect with the audience
- Strong analytical/problem solving. Addresses issues with thoughtfulness and vitality
- Strong decision-making abilities. Good judgment, sound logic, and ability to learn new things quickly
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with teams across the organization
- Excellent organization, project and task leadership skill
- Fluency in English and Spanish is a must
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
1,000 - 5,000
At Affirm, we’re using today’s technology to bring significant disruptive innovation to the financial industry. We focus on improving the lives of consumers by delivering simple, honest and transparent financial products.