Engineering Manager in Barcelona
Lodgify is a fast-growing startup focused on building vacation rental software that enables property owners and managers to independently manage and market their business online. We are an international team of more than 240 people and 50 different nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, and we've been featured twice in Wired's 100 Hottest European startups list.
We are on the look out for a Software Engineering Manager to lead and grow our international development team to optimize and exceed the team's productivity and personal development.
To excel in this role, aside from having a strong technical expertise, you are a people person that can lead by example and are passionate about motivating and inspiring others.
🎯 Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Hire and onboard. We are growing fast and you will be participating proactively, together with the HR team in hiring and mentoring of all new joiners.
- Collaborate and define with other engineering managers, clear roles and assign areas of ownership, ensure clear priorities, and maximize cross-organizational alignment.
- Provide leadership within the team to continuously optimize structures, processes and best practices.
- Ensure the team is operating effectively to reach their goals, are properly supported and deliver quality software.
- Ensure product and tech roadmap execution by: tracking team’s objectives and maintaining high standards of accountability.
- Advocate engineers to follow to the defined engineering practices & standards through active involvement and hands-on tracking
- Develop, mentor and coach your team through their various stages of their careers to ensure growth and development.
⭐ The requirements for the role are:
- Proven experience building, leading and scaling development teams
- Experience managing agile teams and educating teams about agile principles (e.g. experience with SCRUM or Kanban).
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Extensive experience as a developer
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- Experience in implementing reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
🌟 It would be super nice if you have:
- Previous experience working for a successful tech startup
- Strong experience in backend development
- Agile coach certificate
- Work from home flexibility.
- Permanent contract with a competitive salary.
- 25 working days of paid vacation.
- Private health insurance (that includes travel insurance, dental plan, and psychologist)
- Monthly meal stipends of 150€.
- Allowance for your home-office setup.
- Computer and gadgets for your daily work.
- Free Spanish classes.
- Referral program with paid compensation.
- Daily breakfast at the office: Coffee, sandwiches, cookies, fruits and much more!
- Opportunities for growth and development with a training budget.
- Great culture & working environment with an international team of over 40 different nationalities.
- Jornada Intensiva in August.
- Mental well-being.
- Regular team-building events and activities.
- Training and mentorship program.
- Yearly performance reviews.
- Sick leave fully covered.
⭐ Why you’ll love us:
You’ll be part of a growing, dynamic company with a truly international team. At Lodgify, we are full of contagious energy, hard work, and passion for what we do. Lodgify is committed to creating a workplace where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.
We are proud to have an international team that acknowledges a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At Lodgify, we celebrate diversity and difference, and we are strongly committed to building an inclusive environment for all our employees.
All applications must be submitted in English. Applications in any other language will not be considered