Why should you consider joining Auvik?
- You want to work at one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies
- You want to join a company who as a team, are building something that matters. Auvik’s network management tools are critical to help automate time-consuming tasks, streamline operations and mitigate risk. Our tools allow professionals to remotely monitor and manage critical infrastructure, which creates confidence in the services they deliver.
- You want a leadership team you can trust, and one you can talk to. Our senior leadership team combined has over 50 years of management experience and they have a vision that will continue to drive success for Auvik.
- You want to be part of a team of incredible talent, with regular days of training and development. Learning happens here!
- You want to work on products customers love. Our latest customer NPS score was 57 (which means our customer rave about what we’ve built). We build for demanding and highly technical users, so it pays to get the details right.
- You want the option to work from home anywhere in Spain, or you may choose to leverage an Auvik hub in Barcelona once we are able.
- You want a flexible schedule. We trust you to get the job done where you feel the most comfortable and effective. We support work schedules that work around you and your responsibilities. You decide what works best for you.
What’s this role all about?
As a DevOps developer, you’ll be part of an engineering team that makes sure our services are ready for deployment and running properly in the cloud. Your main responsibility will be to setup and maintain our cloud infrastructure running on the AWS platform.
What will I be doing?
Our infrastructure is composed of various distributed components currently managed by independent product teams, which include an Apache Kafka cluster, a stream processing engine using Apache Flink, among others all orchestrated using Kubernetes and running in multiple clusters.
As the primary DevOps developer, you’ll be responsible for monitoring the reliability and performance of our existing components while deploying and configuring new ones. You’ll have autonomy to introduce best practices and protocols (deployments, backups, configurations, and new tools) to improve reliability and agility.
What are we looking for?
As the ideal candidate you will have experience with the following:
- Management and deployment of containerised (Docker) applications using cluster orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of cloud (AWS) infrastructure and services.
- Familiarity with site reliability engineering practices.
- Understanding of infrastructure as code software (Terraform) technology.
- Developing and using internal tools written in Python.
- Configuring and using observability, and monitoring tools (we are using DataDog).
- Ensuring best security best practices across engineering.
- Quality-driven, attention to detail and pragmatic.
- Problem solver and critical thinking.
- Able to effectively communicate in English
Nice to have
- Experience operating multi-tenant SaaS distributed systems at scale.
- Understand the importance of continuous delivery (GitLab) concepts and processes.
- Experience width handling multi-cluster, multi-region infrastructure.
- Formal credentials in computer science are a bonus.
- Background in computer networks and Linux system administration.
- Experience with performance testing software running on the JVM.
- Previously worked with one or more technologies: Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, Apache Flink, GO, Scala.
- Willing to learn and explore new technologies.
Auvik is a venture-backed company making software that's changing the way IT networks are managed. We're solving the problems of network complexity so our customers don't have to.
Auvik is a fast-growing, global-minded technology company, and is winner of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, Deloitte Fast 500, and recognized as the #1 ranked Canadian-founded company in the FT Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2020.
We're headed all the way to the top and looking for people with the smarts, talent, and drive to join us. Are you up for it?
Auvik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
50 - 200
To get us there, we’ve developed a set of operational principles to guide our thoughts and actions every day.
Be warned: These principles aren’t some fuzzy and meaningless mission statement. They aren’t empty platitudes.
The rules of the Auvik Way can be seen on our walls. Every single team member knows them by heart. They’re how we judge our successes and failures.