ForwardKeys.com is an innovative company based in Valencia, Spain, with global brand and presence. We are a data, IT and business intelligence company offering a new approach to traveller operational business intelligence, leveraging global flight reservation information and other data to monitor and qualify traveller flows, map global demand, and forecast trends. We provide live, tactical information and exclusive insights to Tourism Boards, Hotels Chains, Retailers, Airports, duty free operators, tax refund, car rentals, and all those that have a travellers-related business.
If you are a team player, embracing the company’s vision, willing to bring and try new ideas, yet striving for profitability and achieving practical goals, we want to talk to you. Be prepared to be hands-on, take ownership and responsibilities and achieve goals on your own, while working closely with IT and Data Science teams.
Your role as a Data Engineer will be to develop ETL processes, import and enrich data feeds, discuss data storage architecture and data formats, maintain existing processes, improve the efficiency of import processes, guarantee data availability for Data Scientists and for customer products, guarantee data quality, deploy and look after automated processes on our hybrid cloud infrastructure, investigate other possible sources of data, etc.
Personal skills and experience
- Solid experience with Python.
- Able to propose and design Big Data ETLs.
- Knowledge of Spark, Hadoop, etc. using Parquet file format
- Mastering SQL queries and data models
- Hands-on AWS experience, with a focus on data & analytics
- Infrastructure automation for both cloud-based (AWS, Azure) and on-premise (Jenkins, NiFi, AirFlow, etc.)
- A mind focussed on quality of service, reliable and able to handle crisis situations.
- Able to provide pragmatic solutions and make decisions.
- Be prepared to defend the company’s competitive advantage. Be excited; and enjoy!
Nice to have
- Experience programming in Java
- MongoDB, MySQL, etc.
- AWS Cloud Formation, RDS, Athena, EC2
- Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.
- Other file formats: OCR, AVRO.
- Agile, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Git, Sonar.
- Data Quality Control
- Linux shell scripts, notions of system administration
- Full time, indefinite contract.
- Be part of a fun, successful yet stable, young and exciting company.
- Nice and dynamic working environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- ForwardKeys Fridays: four working Fridays off per year.
- Remote work.
- Wellbeing activities: Pilates, Yoga, Mindfulness and Osteopath.
- English, Spanish classes.
The job location