Meep is looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join the team in our Madrid office. As a Data Engineer, you will be integral in building our powerful AI tool, MeePath, improving data visualization and controlling metrics. We are seeking competitive, pioneers, entrepreneurial and technology lovers to join our team. If you are eager to learn and you think you can get from Sol to Retiro with more than two modes of transport, we are waiting for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making
- Support the development of the Meep’s data Infrastructure
- Ensuring consistent and reliable data cleaning and access
- Define metrics and visualizations to best assess our platform and understand our users
- Proactively identify insight from our users data and transform into recommendations and actions to improve our deliverables
- Develop an analytical framework using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to leverage our data and better understand mobility behaviors, for instance building several predictions and classifications model for transport demands and vehicle usage
- Smoothly and constantly communicate with the developers, marketing and business teams to ensure that they are providing the right data and are able to follow your recommendations
Our future team member
- Hold a degree in Mathematics, Engineering or Physics
- 2+ years of experience in Machine Learning or Engineering in building and implementing a data analytics model
- Excellent programming skills in SQL and Python (R and Java could also be considered)
- Good programming practices are essential
- Experience in DataOps, MLOps
- Strong knowledge of data repositories
- Experience with design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning theory, statistics and probabilities
- Comfortable with the use of Machine Learning tools & packages: TensorFlow, BigQuery ML, scikit, xgboost, keras...
- Experience in data warehouse management (BigQuery a plus), knowledge about implementing and maintaining ETL processes and complex workflows is a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Ability to collaborate with the engineering and development team to implement data backend recommendations
- Previous experience in a startup is a plus
- Experience with geospatial data is a plus
- Experience working on the Google Cloud Platform is a plus
About the Meep experience
- Attractive compensation and flexible working environment
- Performance bonuses
- Annual budget of €500 for continuing education
- A semi remote position with the office at your disposal as needed
- Flexible Payment Plan: Restaurants, transport, training and childcare
- Endless amounts of tea, coffee and laughs!
- The opportunity to make a real impact on city travel and contribute to progressive transportation trends like MaaS and smarter, cleaner cities
- Work in a dynamic and passionate environment with a great culture!
Meep is a rapidly growing startup whose goal is to reimagine city living through multimodal, sustainable and truly customizable transportation. Through our platforms, users can plan, book and pay for smart routes designed to make city travel more comfortable by eliminating its pain points (like long wait times, disconnection and crowding). Our goal is ambitious, but we are up for the challenge.