Cloud Security Engineer in Madrid
Are you passionate about Cloud Security and Opensource? And loves working close to Systems Engineers and DevOps on current security best practices? Then help us revolutionize the E-commerce experience…
In 2025, you will be able to refill your organic shampoo straight out of the shower by touching the wall.
Your next favorite sneakers will be guessed and delivered by cyber-birds.
Your coffee machine will automatically customize your coffee based on your mood.
Do you want to help customers to have the best shopping experience?
Scalefast helps amazing brands develop a successful Direct-to-Consumer online business. Our next-generation technology platform is built to optimize modern eCommerce. Our end-to-end infrastructure includes global merchant-of-record agreements, fulfillment, subscription, loyalty programs, and finance functions to deliver new revenue and delightful brand experiences. Scalefast has proven itself with global brands like L’Oréal, Square-Enix, and Flir.
As a member of the security team at Scalefast, you will be working towards raising the bar on security. We will achieve that by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide guidance on security best practices. The Security Team is responsible for leading and implementing the various initiatives that relate to improving Scalefast’s security.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and a career path adapted to each person's abilities and experience within a company that is growing continuously
- 2 days a week working from home
- A flexible schedule and total conciliation between work and family life including reduced timetable during one month in summer
- Become part of a multi-cultural company where you can contribute with your experience and learn from the experience of others
- Work with amazing brands
- Get the opportunity to influence the future of our services and platform
- Excellent working environment with frequent social activities (hackathons, Spartan races, quarterly whole-team social event)
- Central Madrid office located an 8-minute walk from Atocha train station, with a bus stop and BiciMad station right outside the office
- Kitchen and dining facilities as well as a fully stocked games room with games consoles etc. - great to disconnect from work for a while and have fun with your colleagues
- Discounted parking space in the office building if you’re coming by car, bicycle parking for those worried about their carbon footprint
- Access to private sales by some of the exclusive brands we work with
- Enrollment in English lessons that take place during working hours
- Mental Health Wellbeing Program
As a Cloud Security Engineer at Scalefast you will:
- Work closely with Systems Engineers, DevOps, and third-party groups (including paid bug bounty programs) to ensure pre and post-deployment assessments are completed
- Conduct Pre and post-deployment security assessments/tests
- Capture flaws in the systems environment configuration
- Train and coach Systems Engineers and DevOps on current security best practices
- Own vulnerability management and mitigation approaches
- Conduct threat modeling tied to security services
- Implement secure architecture design
- Network log analysis
- Security forensics
- Develop and implement preventative security measures (detection, monitoring, exploitation)
- Build security tools that enable the Scalefast Security Team to operate at speed and scale
- Collect and analyze threat intelligence reports covering new threats, vulnerabilities, products, and research
- Identify and mitigate complex security vulnerabilities before an attacker exploits them
- Keep up-to-date cloud provider security configurations
- Pair key rotation and assets security
- A passion for security and open source
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes in production use cases
- Chef experience (writing complex cookbooks from scratch, custom providers, custom resources, etc.)
- Extensive Linux experience, comfortable between Debian and RHEL based systems
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in web or cloud security engineering, log aggregation, and/or penetration testing
- Experience with AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience in AWS Security
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Ruby on Rails, Go, PHP and/or Python)
- An understanding of network and web-related protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Familiarity with cloud security controls and best practices
Today, more than 20 million people around the world buy through our stores. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Scalefast, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
El Segundo, California, USA