FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Cloud Database Reliability Engineer in Madrid or Remote
lastminute.com is looking for a Database Administrator with certified experience for our Technology department.
On top of the responsibilities below Database Reliability Engineers will collaborate directly with software engineers, SREs and DevOps in order to pursue our vision to let engineers use the right technology for the right use case, self-use the platform delegating also part of Data management in a safe way.
- As Database Reliability Engineer we are responsible for the availability, performances, monitoring, and incident response of company databases running on multiple environments mainly based on MySQL, including also other datastore technologies like Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kafka.
- we are responsible to develop, implement and maintain automation tools and manage and monitoring diverse database technologies
- Contribute to Self Service capabilities
- installation, configuration, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining complex databases in production and non-production environments
- collaborate with developers in defining optimal datastore needs and support them to optimize the usage.
- Root cause analysis of database related issues
- Create, support, and maintain business continuity and disaster recoveries practices such as backup and recovery processes and implementation of high availability features ensuring DB are recoverable from backups/snapshots.
- Manage to track, alerting, and reporting of database servers
- Be on-call for production databases on a rotation basis
- Strong experience and knowledge of AWS and related Datastore services
- Minimum 4 years of experience as DBA/DRE working with MySQL
- Familiar with Linux OS (specifically, CentOS) and able to use the OS tools to investigate performance issues
- NoSQL MongoDB/DocumentDB, DynamoDB, RDS, Elasticsearch, Elasticache/Redis knowledge
- Strong understanding of configuration management tools like Ansible and IaC tools (Terraform) and their best practices.
- DevOps methodologies and basic knowledge of at least one Configuration Management tools
- Ability to write shell scripts in order to automate maintenance task
- MySQL Backup and Recovery experience and concepts other than mysqldump
- Experience managing monitoring and alerting for MySQL using tools such as Graphite/Grafana, Nagios, Prometheus, CloudWatch
- Knowledge of Mysql HA solutions (ex. Galera Cluster) and related traffic balancing methods.
- Working experience in an Agile Environment would be a plus.
- Experience working with product owners or product managers
- Certifications in one of above described fields
- Good understanding of hybrid cloud architecture
- Experience in the programming language Java
- Proactive attitude, strong team working, communication and collaboration skills
- Leadership attitude and mental flexibility
- Excellent communication skills are written and verbal skill is a must
- Good spoken and written English
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Receive a bonus after 5 and one after 10 years in the company
- Get free snacks / fruit / hot drinks / water / beverages at our offices
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events
- Benefit from extended parental or marriage leave