Chief Technical Officer (CTO) in Barcelona
Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life's aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 9500 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve
We are the architects of PayFit´s success
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
Location : France or Spain is preferred
Language : English will be your working language and French/Spanish would be nice to have but not mandatory for this role.
Our current stack
• Dev : Node.JS, TypeScript, React.JS, Golang
• CICD : Github, ArgoCD, CircleCI
• Cloud : AWS
• Databases : MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Snowflake
• Infra : Kubernetes, Docker
• Monitoring : Datadog
What will be your responsibilities?
Our mission is to provide core SaaS & HR experiences for other product teams and end users. As a CTO you will be part of our Leadership Team (C-levels) and you’ll lead the global Engineering function across geographies and businesses.
Being responsible for the global Engineering function, you will:
Establish the Engineering Strategy & Define the Roadmap
• Build the right technology, product and organization to establish PayFit as the No.1 Payroll and HR platform for SMEs in Europe
• Define and execute Engineering strategy including the evolution of JetLang (PayFit low-code platform for Payroll Product) assuming end to end responsibility to its success
• Partner with Exco to define, prioritize and realize PayFit Strategy
Lead the Team
• Lead, manage and mentor Engineering Team (100+ppl) and ensure their day to day excellence and fulfillment
• Develop a strategy and framework for allocating people and resources effectively in line with vision, in a way that motivates and inspires team members
• Set goals that help meet the organization’s needs, set a high standard for success, drive performance, efficiency and effectiveness of engineering and product development team
• Oversee key hiring and talent development programs in Engineering, IT & Security teams
Elevate What Engineering Means
• Position Engineering Team as a customer centric and a role model in terms of collaboration (with design, product, countries/local product teams, business)
• Embed security in every technological aspect of the organization, ensure more robust security governance and efficient security operations
• Lead all aspects of the development lifecycle from strategic planning, design/architecture, development, testing and deployment, and maintenance, with the ability to take in and prioritize inputs such as security, performance and business impact
• Ensure the overall delivery, quality and security of Payroll and HR Products
This job has been tailored for you if...
• You have 3+ years CTO experience leading engineering teams of more than 100 ppl, and being part of Board / ExCo decision taking
• You have 10+ years experience in tech industry with experiences in fast growing companies (ideally B2B Saas)
• You have experience and appetite to lead technical transformations to build stronger foundations
• You are an opinionated leader with technical skills and methodology to take decisions on complex issues
• You have strong communication skills with the ability to present a technology vision confidently in a way that motivates both internally and externally
• You have the ability to lead teams to deliver high quality products in a high growth environment
• You have excellent leadership, team building, and management skills, including a track record of coaching and mentorship
• You are an effective leader and team-player who knows how to hire and manage the right talent to scale the Engineering team
• You have international & multicultural experience
• You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to share/collaborate with peers
• You have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, and opinionated team
• Meet Joris, our TA
• Meet Florian, our Deputy CEO and your Manager
• Meet our Leadership Team
• Case study & presentation
• Meet our Engineering Team : VP, Engineering Directors
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe that to produce your best work and to be fulfilled, you should be free to choose what working arrangements suit you best. You can work from any place within Spain with the possibility to work abroad for some period of time.
Learning & Development: In PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills every day with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym subscription (AndJoy) with a preferential rate.
Meals: 6 EUR lunch voucher per workday with our partner Edenred.
Transportation: 50 % of public transport card covered by PayFit .
Health Insurance: Full coverage on private insurance with Sanitas.
Parental support program: Support with a nursery for your child.
Home office budget to help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Time off: 25 days of holidays per year.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process.