Casumo was established in 2012 and has been leading the innovation of the iGaming industry ever since. Known for its unique and lovable brands including Casumo, Dunder, Kazoom Casino and Casino Secret, the group continues to develop and deliver best-in-class gaming products and experiences. We believe in the power of collective genius and look for idea generators, solution seekers and ingenious innovators that want to play a part in pioneering our brands into the future.
About the Team
Being a Data Engineer in Casumo means being part of a highly self-organized team, distributed across five European countries.
Although dispersed, our data team is keeping things tight - your tasks would be to work on third party integrations, consume information coming from a number of in-house data sources, provide engineering services to our data scientists and marketeers, deal with the challenges of our distributed systems, but above all, take care of the stability and performance of our Big Data Platform.
As Big Data Engineer You Will:
- take full ownership of features and code, from inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance and keeping it running
- implement message producers and consumers in various programming languages following the common patterns and best practices
- design and implement data streaming applications to allow users to explore large set of data near real time
- work autonomously, knowing your team comes before the singularities
- a strong coder in Scala, Python, Bash and SQL
- proficient in Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, Hive and data warehousing in general
- familiar with most popular cloud computing big data services (e.g. EMR, Sagemaker, Glue, ElasticSearch)
- well-versed with modern workflow/orchestration/automation tools (Airflow, Docker, Jenkins) to enable proficient data engineering development
- experienced in real-time processing or has a big interest in it
- a person who enjoys taking care of the small details in order to make the big picture more beautiful
- a big fan of the concepts and principles underlying open-source culture and quality software development
Being a part of the Casumo group provides an unparalleled experience. You’ll find yourself surrounded by the brightest minds within the most inspiring and collaborative office spaces in Malta and Barcelona. In addition to that, you’ll enjoy:
- A competitive base salary
- Continuous leadership development to set you up for success and growth within the role
- A range of training courses, known as Casumo College, for continuous learning
- Access to some of the greatest tools and platforms out there
- An incredibly diverse team of smart, motivated colleagues from more than 30 countries
- Private health insurance
- Wellness incentives, including gym passes
- Gourmet lunches and healthy snacks prepared by our in-house chefs
- Social events for building strong relationships with colleagues from all across the organisation
To apply for this role you must be based in the EU.
Casumo is the first online adventure-based casino. Our mission is to disrupt the industry by focusing on developing a new betting experience, using gamification and slick UI to provide an unparalleled user experience. We are quite unique in what we do and how we do it and we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desire to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. Our engineers collaborate as an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. We have active contributors to open source (Zipkin, Springboot, Axon framework); we care about knowledge sharing internally and externally, and we mean it. This is why we run internal Tech events and trainings - the latest being Axon - and encourage our staff to attend and/or speak to conferences. The sumos are making real impact by working on an unparalleled product. We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team
What are we currently up to
- Development of new greenfield products using modern technologies
- Creating beautiful UI interactions driven by gestures
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices
- New integrations with various game suppliers and payment providers.
Our tech stack:
- Backend side:
Java Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ & Kafka) and Axon. Java frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate. Devops: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, cloud
- Frontend side:
KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS.
Check our current positions at casumo careers