Back-end Software Engineer in Barcelona
At Criteo, our culture is as unique as it is diverse. With offices around the world, our incredible team of 2,600 Criteos collaborates to create an open & inclusive environment. We work together to achieve our goals, push boundaries, and be impactful. All of this supports us in our mission to power the world’s marketers with trusted & impactful advertising.
Most of all, we are creators. From designing ground-breaking products to finding unique ways to solve technical challenges at an exceptional scale, our tech teams work with state of the art methodologies to shape the future of advertising. In the R&D department you will build the products that make Criteo tick: from developing industry leading machine learning techniques, to building high scale/low latency real-time applications (over 5M qps, handling over 300 Bn HTTP requests daily), to delivering first class client interfaces, both API and UI, with forward-thinking UX at their core, all using state of the art technology.
What you'll do:
- Build business-critical APIs, services and backend components that for some have to answer in less than 30ms, and at very large scale (up to 300 Bn requests per day)
- Work with many other engineering teams to develop long-term roadmaps, designs and architectures to scale this infrastructure to meet product and business requirements
- Develop open source projects. As we are working at the forefront of technology, we are dealing with problems that few companies have faced.
Who you are:
- You are a pragmatic developer, interested in low-latency/large-scale back-end systems but you are also eager to understand and implement product and business requirements.
- You are proficient in at least one programming language such as C#, Scala, Java, C++. You can adapt very quickly, choose and use the best tool for the job.
- You love algorithms and new technology. You are also a great team worker and a great communicator in English, both written and spoken. You are strongly committed to quality designs, automated testing and documentation.
At Criteo, we are committed to creating an environment where all Criteos feel a sense of belonging. We nourish our diversity by listening to all cultures within Criteo - and there are many. We are proud to be a global team and conscious that it takes people with different perspectives, thoughts and cultures to succeed.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.
Public, IPO 2013
Measuring return on post-click sales, Criteo makes ROI transparent and easy to measure. Criteo has 1,700+ employees in 27 offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific, serving 9,250+ advertisers worldwide and direct relationships with 11,000+ publishers.
Unlike the vast majority of the market, Criteo claims it uses a transparent cost-per-click model and measures value purely on post-click sales. This demanding model is supported by sophisticated predictive technology. It processes a vast amount of rich purchase-intent data in real-time to identify buyers and deliver dynamically-created ads which are personalized for each consumer.