Android Developer in Barcelona
BYHOURS has one mission: to disrupt the global Hotel Booking industry, so warning, if you’re scared to shake up things a little, then click away, this role is probably not for you…
BYHOURS believes in fair price & flexible hotel bookings, that’s why since 2012 BYHOURS has developed the first ever microstays booking platform that allows booking quality Hotels for 3, 6 or 12 hours, allowing the customer to choose the check-in time and the length of the hotel stay.
We extended microstays to +25 countries around the world, to more than 600 cities, and have partnered with over 4.000 outstanding hotels. We can proudly boast about selling over 1 million hotel hours.
Who will you work with?
We are an international and young team, passionate about what we do, quick learners and achievers. Currently we are a team of 40 in the Barcelona office and opening our second offices in Mexico - we are expanding and growing fast! We love the startup life and that’s why we are based in the PIER01, one of the top start-up hubs in the South of Europe, by the Barceloneta beach. We are surrounded by entrepreneurs, developers, digital marketers, skaters and surfers.
What will you do:
We are looking for an Android Developer who has a passion for pushing technology to the limit. As an Android Developer you will work together with a team of talented engineers to develop the next generation of applications in the travel sector.
You will be focused on:
- Develop and design advanced applications on Android.
- Improvements and evolution of the Android platform.
- 3rd party integrations. SDK’s, Api’s, etc..
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to increase efficiency in development.
- Collaborate with the definition in the functional design.
You must be good at:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Strong Java skills
- Proven experience with 3rd party integrations and Api’s REST
- Familiarity with Gradle
- Passion for writing clean architecture and easily-testable code
- Solid refactoring skills
- Git Version Control
- Work autonomously
- Be analytical and methodical
- “Problem solving” attitude
- Learn quickly and be proactive
- Be persistent and patient
What we offer:
- Career development opportunity: You will have the opportunity to learn and work in one of Barcelona’s most distinguished Startups. You will meet people from all over the world and you’ll learn how a Travel-Tech company works and what Startup life is all about.
- Working 40hs/Week, spread as follow:
- Monday - Thursday: 9-2pm and 3-6:30pm
- Friday and pre-festive days: 9-3pm
- Free afternoon on your birthday
- Gym discount
- BYHOURS products discount
- Our office is equipped with table football, ping pong, cushions XXL for siesta, ...
- Location: Barcelona Tech City - biggest HUB in South Europe, based in Barcelona (Barceloneta)